Paul and Sheryl Shard from the sailing adventure TV series ‘Distant shores’ have been running practical trials on our advanced generator replacement technology, Integrel. They fitted the system to their new Southerly 480, ‘Distant Shores III’, and took it on an extensive trip to see how it functions in a real-life setting. They documented their experience, including how the system works on a day-to-day basis as well as over hundreds of miles, testing it under different conditions. Here is a summary of what they found.
How does Integrel compare to conventional generators?
- Integrel completely eliminates the need for a separate generator.
- It requires less space
- It requires far less maintenance – much more convenient and easier to keep
What are the benefits of the Integrel system?
- It enables the engine to be used for propulsion and electricity generation at the same time. One engine, two functions.
- It optimises your engine’s efficiency
- It saves on fuel and is much more eco-friendly than alternative systems
How does Integrel enhance your sailing experience?
- It allows you to have all your home comforts on board, wherever you are
- Incredibly simple to use
- Easy to read display, clearly showing your energy output and battery life
- You can leave it to run itself, with no intervention needed
- They found that Integrel ran perfectly, with no issues.
To see the full review, watch the video below:
Ready to switch to a more eco-friendly, performance-enhancing generator system? Get in touch with our friendly, experienced team today.